Assisted Living Services Included in Rent
- Weekly Light Housekeeping
- Weekly Laundry & Linen Service
- Three (3) Home Cooked Meals + Snack
- Snack / Beverage Bar Available Daily
- Daily Exercise
- In-House Call System
- 24-Hour Awake Staff
- 24/7 "On-Call" RN
- Transportation to In-Town Medical or Social Service Appointments
- Utilities (Except Cable & Phone)
Sunset Gardens Memory Care... Creating Pleasant Days
We opened our doors at Sunset Gardens in May, 2014. As part of Valley View, at Sunset Gardens we offer a quiet, calm and relaxed environment to clients with Alzheimer's and other related dementia disorders. All of our staff has taken part in special training for the care of dementia clients, including:
- Understanding dementia, Alzheimer's and related disorders
- Assisting dementia clients with personal cares (ADLs)
- Problem solving skills for handling challenging behaviors
- Communication skills
- Appropriate leisure and life enriching activities
Our Sunset Garden RNs continually monitor client behaviors and modify care plans to better suit their changing needs. Care plans are adjusted in a way that does not add additional anxiety for the client, yet allows staff to get their cares completed.
Memory Care Features
- 10 private studio, air conditioned apartments each with its own private bathroom and furnished with a bed.
- Spacious community dining and living room areas, fireplace with large-screen TV, and comfortable seating complete with a beautiful evening sunset view.
- Residents who are able, join assisted living residents for exercise and appropriate activities such as live music, baking, worship services, bible study, bingo, and more.
- In addition, activities are tracked daily for each memory care resident who engages in individual or small group activities.
- We maintain an enclosed courtyard that is accessible to memory care residents to go outdoors as they like.
- Home cooked meals are brought from the main kitchen and served to memory care residents prior to serving on the assisted living side.